||The Smythe sale rental of July 1870 states that the original lease (1711) was from Godfrey Boate and Benjamin Friend to William Biggs. Built by the Biggs family on the shore of Lough Derg this house was occupied by William L. Biggs in 1814 and by Dr W. Biggs in 1837. In 1840 the Ordnance Survey Name Books refer to Castle Biggs as "a most commodious house". Edward Biggs was resident in the mid 19th century, holding the property from Sir John Power. The house was valued at £22. The sale rental of November 1853 describes this "3-storey mansion containing every necessity and a range of out offices". It was in the possession of Edward Biggs, the owner, and was bought by Captain William Tuthill. William Tuthill sold the property to Frederick Smythe in 1859. It was for sale again in July 1870. At this time the Esmondes of county Wexford bought it from Frederick Smythe. In the early 1940s owned by Owen Esmonde but purchased by the Moss family in the 1940s. It is still extant.