Landed Estates
NUI Galway

Cranagh

Estate(s)
Townland Cranagh
Civil Parish Templetuohy
PLU Thurles
DED Templetuohy 138
County Tipperary
Barony Ikerrin
Description Located beside a castle of the same name this house was occupied by John Lalor in 1814. Lewis records the property belonging to J. Lloyd but occupied by the Reverend M.N. Thompson. At the time of Griffith's Valuation Cranagh was in use as an Auxiliary Poor House and was valued at £25+. The Irish Tourist Association surveyor refers to a 4 storey house built at Crannagh in 1768 by the Lloyd family. The owner in the early 1940s was J. Cullen. This house is no longer in existence.

Property Location