Landed Estates
NUI Galway

Inane

Estate(s)
Townland Inane
Civil Parish Roscrea
PLU Roscrea
DED Roscrea 120
County Tipperary
Barony Ikerrin
Description In 1786 Wilson mentions Inane as the seat of Rev. Curtis. Robert Curtis was the proprietor of Inane, Roscrea, in 1814 and P. Jackson was resident in 1837. By the time of Griffith's Valuation Frederick A. Jackson was the occupier, holding the property in fee. The buildings were valued at £50. There appear to be two houses at Inane, a nine bay house dating from the early 18th century and a 19th century house very closeby. The Jacksons were still resident in the 1870s and the representatives of Henry V. Jackson held the property in 1906. It is still extant.
Inane - 18th century house (www.buildingsofireland.ie)
Inane - 19th century house (www.buildingsofireland.ie)

Property Location