||A seat of a branch of the Armstrong family. Wilson refers to this property as Farney Bridge in 1786, a seat of Mr. Armstrong. It was occupied by Captain Armstrong in 1814 and 1840, when the Ordnance Survey Name Books describe it as "a circular old castle to which a gentleman's residence has been attached". Major William Armstrong was the occupier in the early 1850s. The buildings were then valued at £42.10 shillings and held from the Reverend Garrett Wall. It was still in Armstrong possession in the 1870s. Farney Castle is still extant and occupied.