Landed Estates
NUI Galway

Damer's Court

Estate(s)
Townland Deerpark
Civil Parish Shronell
PLU Tipperary
DED Shronell 160
County Tipperary
Barony Clanwilliam
Description In 1837 Lewis refers to this house as follows "built about a century ago by John Damer, passed to the Earl of Dorchester and then to Lady Caroline Damer his daughter and sole heir and is now the property of the Earl of Portarlington. The mansion was taken down in 1776". It is marked on Taylor and Skinner's map. In 1786 Wilson refers to it as "the very noble and beautiful seat of Lord Milton", On the 1st edition Ordnance Survey map it is labelled "Damerville Court [in ruins]". There is no trace of this house now.

Property Location