Landed Estates
NUI Galway

Shrone Hill

Estate(s)
Townland Shronell
Civil Parish Shronell
PLU Tipperary
DED Shronell
County Tipperary
Barony Clanwilliam
Description Shrone Hill or Shronell House is a mid 18th century house. In 1786 Wilson describes it as "once a magnificent building of the late Mr. Damer, now belonging to Lord Milton and in ruins". It was occupied by the Sadlier family in the 18th and 19th centuries. The Ordnance Survey Name Books refer to it as the residence of William Sadlier in 1840. At the time of Griffith's Valution the house was valued at £20 and leased by Clement Sadlier from the Earl of Portarlington. It is still extant.
Shrone Hill (www.buildingsofireland.ie)

Property Location