Landed Estates
NUI Galway

Golden Hills

Estate(s)
Townland Goldenhills
Civil Parish Relickmurry & Athassel
PLU Tipperary
DED Golden 162
County Tipperary
Barony Clanwilliam
Description Leet records Henry White as the proprietor of Goldenville, Golden, in 1814. In 1837 Lewis refers to Golden Hills as the "castellated residence of H. White". Edmond [Edward] Dalton occupied this house in the early 1850s holding it from Henry White. It was valued at £25. By 1858 Thomas Judkin Fitzgerald was occupying Golden Hills or Golden Lodge which was advertised for sale in January 1858 and again in April 1878. In 1878 Golden Hills was described as a "large castellated building" with a drawing room opening into a conservatory, dining room and morning room, 8 bedrooms and a servants' hall. The Irish Tourist Association surveyor records that it was the residence of Thomas Judkin Fitzgerald, High Sheriff of county Tipperary in 1798, known as "Flogging Fitzgerald". In the early 1940s most of the house had disappeared or was incorporated into a modern farmyard.
Golden Hills (www.buildingsofireland.ie)

Property Location