Landed Estates
NUI Galway

Camphire House

Estate(s)
Townland Camphire
Civil Parish Lismore & Mocollop
PLU Lismore
DED Drumroe 63
County Waterford
Barony Coshmore & Coshbride
Description Held in fee by Christopher Ussher in 1851 when it was valued at £28. It was the residence of Christopher M. Ussher in the 1870s. Buildings at this location were in the possession of the Ussher family in 1906 and valued at almost £6. In the 1940s the ITA survey noted that it was occupied by Mrs. Chearnley but owned by the Dobbs family and had formerly been a residence of the Ussher family. The Irish Army also seemed to have occupied part of the building during World War II. Camphire is still extant and occupied.
Camphire House (www.buildingsofireland.ie)

Property Location