Landed Estates
NUI Galway

Ardnagashel House

Estate(s)
Townland Ardnagashel
Civil Parish Kilmocomoge
PLU Bantry
DED Glengarriff 32
County Cork
Barony Bantry
Description Samuel Hutchins held this property in fee in 1852 when it was valued at almost £23. Lewis noted it as the seat of A. Hutchins in 1837. In 1906 it was owned by Samuel N. Hutchins and valued at £30. The original house has been demolished and the stableyard converted to self-catering accommodation. The Irish Tourist Association survey of the 1940s mentions that the grounds contained some fine trees including a cork tree which came originally from Kew Gardens.
Ardnagashel Stables accommodation (www.discoverireland.ie)
Ardnagashel gateway (www.buildingsofireland.ie)

Property Location