||In 1851 Thomas Hungerford was leasing Cahermore House from the Bishop of Cork's estate,when it was valued at £32. It was owned by Henry Hungerford in 1906 and valued at over £44. Taylor and Skinner's map of 1783 as well as Wilson in 1786 also mention Cahermore as a Hungerford residence. In 1944 the Irish Tourist Association Survey noted that Cahermore had been burnt during the War of Independence and was then derelict. Donnelly indicates that it was burnt in June 1921. It is no longer extant.