Landed Estates
NUI Galway

Friarstown

Estate(s)
Townland Friarstown
Civil Parish Killanummery
PLU Manorhamilton
DED Drumahaire 36
County Leitrim
Barony Dromahaire
Description In 1856 William Leith was leasing Friarstown from John Johnston at which time it was valued at £20. In the 1870s it was the address of Thomas Robert Palmer who owned over 1600 acres in Leitrim at that time. In 1814 it was the residence of Andrew Johnston and Lewis also recorded it as a seat of that family in 1837. The original house is no longer extant but modern buildings exist at the site.

Property Location