Landed Estates
NUI Galway

Fort Robert (Kinneigh)

Estate(s)
Townland Dromidclogh
Civil Parish Kinneigh
PLU Dunmanway
DED Kinneigh 115
County Cork
Barony East Carbery (West)
Description Described by Lewis in I837 as a "handsome residence" then occupied by Mrs. [O'] Connor. In 1851 it was leased by George Fuller from Mary Longfield [O']Connor and valued at £18. By the mid 1860s it was in the possession of Thomas Kingston Sullivan. The sale rental of 1867 records that Fort Robert had been "allowed to get out of repair, but is beautifully situated". It appears to have become ruinous by 1890s. The Irish Tourist Association Survey of 1944 stated that the ruin was the property of Judge Henry Connor and also that the house had been associated with Art [O']Connor, United Irishman.

Property Location