Carrigmore House (Kinneigh)
||East Carbery (West)
||James Lysatt [Lysaght] held a property in fee here, valued at £46, at the time of Griffith's Valuation. Bence Jones states that it was built in 1842 by James Lysaght on the site of an earlier house known as Connorville, which had been purchased by Lysaght from the Connor family. In 1837 Lewis had referred to it as "the deserted and dilapidated mansion of the O'Connors." In 1783 Taylor and Skinner had indicated Connorsville as a seat of the Connor family as had Wilson in 1786. An adjacent smaller house, known as Laurel Hill, was held by Adderley Bernard in 1851. Carrigmore House and 312 acres, the estate of James Lysaght, were advertised for sale in July 1853. A lithograph of the house is included in the sale rental. Lyons indicates that the estate was sold privately to James L. Holmes. Carrigmore and Laurel Hill were offered for sale in the Landed Estates Court in 1876, as part of the sale of the Holmes estate. Donnelly states that it was burnt in October 1920 during the War of Independence when it was the property of James H. Morton. The house is now derelict.