||Mulloy writes that in 1789 this house was leased by George O'Malley from the Ellison family and that the O'Malleys lived there until the late 19th century. It was generally known as 'Lodge'. The house was sold to the Carson family in 1905. Charles O'Malley and his son, St Clair O'Malley, were agents to the Earls of Lucan. This house appears to be named Tallyhoe, the residence of Cuffe esquire, on the Taylor and Skinner map. Hawthorn Lodge is still extant and has been occupied by descendants of George O'Malley since the 1990s.