Landed Estates
NUI Galway

Araglin Cottage

Estate(s)
Townland Billeragh East
Civil Parish Macroney
PLU Fermoy
DED Gortnaskeky 145
County Cork
Barony Condons & Clangibbon
Description Located on the bank of the Araglin River and built for Robert Viscount Kingsborough, later 4th Earl of Kingston, this was probably the summer residence recently erected by the Honourable Robert King in the parish of Templemologga, referred to by Lewis in 1837. It was offered for sale in July 1851 with 3,951 acres held by the Earl in the barony of Condons and Clangibbon. Sold to the Morlands who leased it as a fishing lodge, this house is now a family home. In the 1870s John Sherlock of Aroglin Cottage, Kilworth, was recorded as the owner of 183 acres in county Cork.
Araglin Cottage (www.buildingsofireland.ie/)

Property Location