Landed Estates
NUI Galway

Moorepark

Estate(s)
Townland Moorepark
Civil Parish Kilworth
PLU Fermoy
DED Kilworth 146
County Cork
Barony Condons & Clangibbon
Description A large Georgian house, the seat of the Earls of Mountcashell, extended in the 19th century. In 1786 Wilson describes it as "a superb and noble seat". It was held in fee at the time of Griffith's Valuation when it was valued at £87. Bought by the War Department in 1903 and accidentally burnt in 1908. In 1944 the Irish Tourist Association Survey noted that the remains of the kitchen were still visible then. Nothing remains of the original house and the site now belongs to Teagasc, the Agricultural and Food Development Authority.

Property Location