||Careysville Castle, originally known as Ballymacpatrick Castle, was the seat of the Carey family from the late 17th century. In 1750 Careysville was occupied by John Carey and Peter Carey was resident in 1814. In 1837 Lewis refers to “the handsome modern mansion built on the site of Careysville castle” by E.K. Carey. Valued at £50 in the mid 19th century the Careys held this property in fee. Inherited by the Montgomerys of Killee and sold by them to the Duke of Devonshire in the mid 20th century. In 1942 the Irish Tourist Association Survey noted that the house was then unoccupied as Captain Montgomery had moved into a modern bungalow nearby. Careysville is now in use as a fishing lodge offering luxury accommodation.