||Wilson, writing in 1786, refers to Palace Anne as the seat of Mr. Bernard. Both Leet in 1814 and Lewis in 1837 note Palace Anne as the residence of Arthur B. Bernard. It was held in fee by him in 1851 when it was valued at £30. Lewis describes it as " a stately mansion, beautifully situated". Bence Jones states that it was named in honour of Anne LePoer, wife of Arthur Bernard, who built the house in 1714. The house became dilapidated after the sale in the mid-nineteenth century and much of it has been demolished though one wing still survives. In 1944 the Irish Tourist Association Survey reported that it was then in a possession of Mr Warner who had refurbished this wing as a dwelling. The Survey provides a detailed description of the remainder of the property.