The lodge was the residence of Colonel Richard Aldworth in 1814. Hajba writes that it was built as a shooting and fishing lodge by Colonel Richard Aldworth in 1776 and that he left the property including the mills to his wife's nephew, Charles Deane Oliver (grandson of Robert Oliver of Cloghanodfoy). Occupied by Mrs Sarah Oliver in 1837 and at the time of Griffith's Valuation and held by her from the representatives of Bond Lowe. The buildings were valued at £25 and she was leasing a flour mill and other buildings valued at £170 to P.L. Lyster. This property was advertised for sale in June 1856. The house was burnt in May 1921 during the War of Independence when it was the residence of Charles Deane Oliver. In 1942 the Irish Tourist Association Survey noted that it had been rebuilt by the Walsh family and was then (1942) occupied by the Casey family. It is still extant. The mills are now in ruins.