Landed Estates
NUI Galway

Quartertown House

Estate(s)
Townland Quartertown Lower
Civil Parish Mourneabbey
PLU Mallow
DED Mallow Rural 250
County Cork
Barony Fermoy
Description A Dillon residence in the mid 18th century, passed by marriage to the Crokers. Wilson, writing in 1786, refers to it as the seat of Mr. Dillon. The Crokers also owned the mills nearby. Occupied by John D. Croker at the time of Griffith's Valuation and held by him in fee. The buildings were valued at £40. Later bought by the Webb family. In 1942 the Irish Tourist Association Survey mentioned that it was then let to the Nazareth Sisters. It is now in ruins.

Property Location