Landed Estates
NUI Galway

Ballinafad

Estate(s)
Townland Ballinafad
Civil Parish Drum
PLU Castlebar
DED Ballinafad 57
County Mayo
Barony Carra
Description Bence Jones states that the house was built in 1827 and was sold to the African Missionary Brothers circa 1908 by Lieutenant Colonel Llewellyn Blake of Ballinafad and Cloghballymore, county Galway. It is recorded as his seat in 1894. The Irish Tourist Association File states that the house was donated to the African Missionary Brothers by Colonel Blake and that a new wing was added in 1932. It is currently undergoing restoration.
Ballinafad
Ballinafad (National Inventory of Architectural Heritage, www.buildingsofireland.ie)

Property Location