||In his journal William Lysaght refers to building a cottage at Clogheen in 1749. He was leasing Clogheen from Lady Midleton [see De Breffny, page 115]. By 1814 Clogheen was occupied by Arundel Hill who was still resident in 1837. Reverend William F. Crofts was the occupier at the time of Griffith's Valuation. He held the property from William Lysaght. It was valued at £31. In 1870 the house was occupied by Mrs Ellen Crofts. This house no longer exists although the outbuildings still stand.