Landed Estates
NUI Galway

Woodside

Estate(s)
Townland Woodside
Civil Parish Carrigrohanebeg
PLU Cork
DED Carrigrohanebeg 66
County Cork
Barony East Muskerry
Description Wilson refers to Wood-side as the seat of Mr. Carleton in 1786. It was occupied by John Carleton in 1814 and by the Reverend E.M. Carleton in 1837. By the early 1850s the house was occupied by Horace Townsend and held by him in fee. It was valued at £40. It had become known as Kilcrenagh by the publication of the 25-inch Ordnance Survey map in the 1890s. Donnelly states that it was burnt in May 1921 during the War of Independence when it was the residence of the family of Ebenezer Pike. The National Inventory of Architectural Heritage notes that it is now in ruins.

Property Location