Landed Estates
NUI Galway

Myrtleville House

Estate(s)
Townland Myrtleville
Civil Parish Templebreedy
PLU Kinsale
DED Templebreedy 202
County Cork
Barony Kerrycurrihy
Description Lewis refers to Myrtleville House as the seat of Dr. Shea. This was Dr William Augustine Shea or O'Shea, brother of Luke Shea of Gortigrenane. By 1850 it was being leased by James Fegan from the Puxley estate among others and was valued at £25. Ó Murchadha notes that it had earlier been owned by the Trant family and had a suceession of owners since including several periods of occupation by members of the Daunt family. It is still extant.
Myrtleville House (National Inventory of Architectural Heritage, www.buildingsofireland.ie)

Property Location