||In 1837 this house was the home of Charles Colthurst, a younger son of John Colthurst and his wife, Jane Bowen. At the time of Griffith's Valuation Jonathon Bruce was the occupier. He held the house valued at £35 from Charles Colthurst. Henry Leader of Clonmoyle, Coachford, owned 2,418 acres in county Cork in the 1870s. The Irish Tourist Association survey of the early 1940s mentions that it was the residence of Mrs.Young, the owner of Clonmoyle Flour Mills and that it had previously been the home of Harry Leader. It is now a ruin.