||Francis Hodder was leasing this property to George Hodder at the time of Griffith's Valuation, when it was valued at £24. In 1837 Lewis referred to Fountainstown as the seat of G. Hodder. Local sources indicate that this house originally belonged to the Roche family whose lands the Hodders were granted and that the oldest part of Fountainstown House was the original Roche property. In the 1940s the Irish Tourist Association Survey noted that it was listed in the Association's directory of hotels. Fountainstown is still extant and occupied.