Landed Estates
NUI Galway

Mount Leader

Estate(s)
Townland Mountleader
Civil Parish Drishane
PLU Millstreet
DED Coomlogane 285
County Cork
Barony West Muskerry
Description Seat of the Leader family in the 18th and 19th centuries, Wilson refers to it as the seat of Mr. Leader in 1786. It was occupied by Henry Leader in 1837 and in the early 1850s, held by him in fee and valued at £48. In 1944 the Irish Tourist Association Survey noted that it was owned by Nicholas Pomeroy who had bought it from the Kellehers. This house is now a ruin.
Mount Leader (www.buildingsofireland.ie)

Property Location