||Ruane states that this house was built in 1754 by the Browne family [of Westport] and that it was first known as 'Seamount'. There was another Milcum house, built in the small townland of Milcum by the Binghams in the early 18th century, which was the house marked 'in ruins' on the first Ordnance Survey map. Seamount was occupied by Connell O'Donel in 1837. At the time of Griffith's Valuation it was unoccupied but in the possession of Nathaniel P. Simes. In the 20th century it was the home of Miss Laprimandaye, Sir Anthony Beever, the Brittains, the Percivals and Mr and Mrs Peter Mullowney. Milcum is still extant and occupied.