Landed Estates
NUI Galway

Coolcour/Coolcower

Estate(s)
Townland Coolcour
Civil Parish Macroom
PLU Macroom
DED Macloneigh 226
County Cork
Barony West Muskerry
Description Home of the Browne family in the 18th and 19th centuries, occupied by John Browne in 1814, by W.G. Browne in 1837 and still his residence in the 1870s. In the early 1850s the house was valued at £46 and was held in fee. St George G. Browne was resident in 1906. Coolcour was burnt in July 1921, just before the end of the War of Independence, when it was the residence of Richard C. Williams, a hotel owner in Macroom. It was rebuilt and now functions as a guest house, see http://www.coolcowerhouse.ie/
Coolcour House (National Inventory of Architectural Heritage, ww.buildingsofireland.ie)

Property Location