Landed Estates
NUI Galway

Lismacue

Estate(s)
Townland Lismacue
Civil Parish Templeneiry
PLU Tipperary
DED Bansha 146
County Tipperary
Barony Clanwilliam
Description The seat of the Baker family in the 18th and 19th centuries, Lismacue was referred to by Wilson as the seat of Mr. Baker in 1786. It was occupied by William Baker in 1814 and by his nephew, Hugh Baker in 1837 when Lewis describes the house as a "handsome castellated mansion". The Ordnance Survey Name Books describe it as "lately erected...the property of John Charters" in 1840. The house was valued at £55 at the time of Griffith's Valuation. This property is still in the possession of a family member and may be rented for country vacations. http://www.lismacue.com/index.htm
Lismacue House LM1987.0803 (Courtesy of Limerick Museum)
Lismacue (www.buildingsofireland.ie)

Property Location