||Hajba writes that this house was built by Daniel McCartie, a Commissioner of Tithes for the parishes of Cullen and Drishane. The house valued at £12.10 shillings was occupied by his wife Anne McCartie at the time of Griffith's Valuation. The property was held from the Earl of Egmont. Daniel's only child Mary married John Maurice O'Connell, a grandson of Daniel O'Connell. The O'Connell lived at Ardnageeha until 1890 when they moved to Derragh House. The house is still extant though possibly not occupied.