Landed Estates
NUI Galway

Churchtown House

Estate(s)
Townland Churchtown
Civil Parish Churchtown
PLU Mallow
DED Churchtown 238
County Cork
Barony Orrery and Kilmore
Description Located on the Egmont estate Churchtown House was the residence of the Crofts family in the 18th and early 19th centuries. Occupied by George Crofts in 1814 and by the Reverend F.W. Crofts in 1837. By the time of Griffith's Valuation it was owned by Sir Edward Tierney in fee and valued at £44. Later 19th century occupants were Major Trench and John Cowhey. This house is still extant and occupied.
Churchtown House (www.buildingsofireland.ie)

Property Location