||A 15th century tower house, restored by the Perceval family, Earls of Egmont, in the mid 18th century and inhabited by their agents. At the time of Griffith's Valuation held by the Earl in fee and valued at £27. Remodelled in 1876, the castle later became the home of Sir Timothy O'Brien, baronet, and in 1906 he was recorded as the occupier. The building was burnt in July 1921 just before the War of Independence ended when it was the residence of Sir Timothy O'Brien. It was partly restored. The Irish Tourist Authority Survey reported in 1944 that it was the residence of James McCabe who had purchased it in 1925. It is still inhabited and in 2011 it was advertised for sale.