Landed Estates
NUI Galway

Inchydoney House

Estate(s)
Townland Inchydoney Island
Civil Parish Island
PLU Clonakilty
DED Clonakilty Rural 45
County Cork
Barony East Carbery (East)
Description At the time of Griffith's Valuation, Thomas Hungerford was leasing this property from the Ecclesiastical Commissioners when it was valued at £22. Described by Lewis as "Island House" and the seat of T. Hungerford in 1837. In 1906 it was owned by Mary Sandes Hungerforde and valued at £31 15s. The house is now used as a religious retreat centre.
Inchydoney House (National Inventory of Architectural Heritage, www.buildingsofireland.ie)

Property Location