||At the time of Griffith's Valuation, Aghadown House, owned by William Jago, was unoccupied and valued at £8. Lewis had noted Aghadown as the seat of H. Becher in 1837. [The 25" Ordnance Map shows a second house, also called at Aghadown House, at W049334] The original Aghadown House is shown on Taylor and Skinner's 1783 map as a seat of the Banfield family and Wilson refers to it as the seat of "Benjamin Bonsfield" in 1786. In the early 1940s the Irish Tourist Association survey noted that "of this mansion, one ivy-covered gable and the gazebo remain". The National Inventory of Architectural Heritage notes that the extant building may previously have been the steward's house when the original house was still occupied.