||Fitzgerald refers to the old mansion of the Burghs as standing opposite the old walls of a church. Lewis refers to Dromkeen as "formerly the residence of the Burgh family" then occupied by the Reverend M. Lloyd, and that "the remains of the ancient mansion show it to have been an extensive and important establishment". A house at this site was occupied by Henry Croker at the time of Griffith's Valuation and valued at £34. It was held from Robert Smithwick. The Ordnance Survey Name Book refers to this house as William's Fort and states that it first belonged to the Burgh family and was rebuilt in 1820. Valued at £17 in 1906 and occupied by Digby H. De Burgh.