||Lewis describes this house in the following terms "Near the town stands Cahirconlish House, a handsome modern residence, erected near the site of the old family mansion, by the proprietor, Major Wm Wilson." The Ordnance Survey Name Book dates this house to about 1789 and it was three storeys high. Wilson, writing in 1786, refers to a residence of Mr. Wilson at Caherconlish. A small drawing of the house is to be found on Map 16 H 32 (13) in the National Library of Ireland. This house was valued at £40 at the time of Griffith's Valuation and was held by Charles Monck Wilson in fee. Daniel Fitzgerald Gabbett, MP, was recorded as the owner in 1906, though he himself had died in 1898. At the time of the Irish Tourist Association survey 1942 Caherconlish House is described as a Creamery. The surveyor writes that a fine Adams ceiling in the house was destroyed by an accidental fire in 1925. Caherconlish is no longer extant.