||Bence Jones writes that this was a mid 19th century house of the villa type. The original Nantenan was the residence of Major Wilson in 1814. In 1786 Wilson refers to it as the seat of Mr. Royse. It was renovated by Thomas H. Royse in the 1830s. The Ordnance Survey Name Book [circa 1840] states that the house was built about 100 years previously and that the family arms were cut over the hall door. Lewis writes of ''the very interesting improvements'' which ''have been made at great expense'' by T. H. Royse. This Royse residence was valued at £30 at the time of Griffith's Valuation and was held by Thomas Royse in fee. Advertised for sale in 1853 the house and 145 acres were purchased by John White for £3,800. He demolished the old house and built a new one in the late 1850s, which was still in the possession of the White family in the 20th century. In 1906 this house was valued at £48. In 1944 the author Dorothea Conyers is recorded as the owner (ITA).