Landed Estates
NUI Galway

Holly Park

Estate(s)
Townland Currahchase North
Civil Parish Kilcornan
PLU Rathkeale
DED Kilcornan 126
County Limerick
Barony Kenry
Description In 1786 Wilson describes Holly Park as "the seat of Richard Taylor, it is very commodious and well-situated, having convenient offices and extensive demesnes". Lewis writes that Holly Park was the ancient residence of the Taylor family "now the property of Sir Aubrey de Vere". However Griffith's Valuation records Richard Taylor holding Holly Park in the early 1850s in fee. It was valued at £36. In 1894, Slater referred to it as the seat of George Taylor and in 1906 George Taylor held 277 acres of untenanted land and a mansion house valued at £34 at Currahchase North. Sold by the Taylors in 1939. Feheney writes that the son of Tom Clarke, one of the leaders executed in 1916, bought Holly Park from the Land Commission in the 1940s. The home of John Philip Cohane in the 1970s who had restored the house after a fire. It is still extant.

Property Location