||A house situated on the bank of the Shannon, the seat of the Scott family until at least the 1850s. The sale rental of 1854 gives a detailed description of the house which included 16 bedrooms. By the mid 19th century James Kelly held the house in fee. The buildings were valued at over £53. The Honourable Charles William White, second surviving son of Baron Annally, was living at Cahiracon in the mid 1870s and it was a seat of that family in 1894. The Vandeleurs lived here for a short time at the beginning of the 20th century. Bought by the Maynooth Mission to China in 1920 and sold by them to the Salesian Sisters of St John Bosco in 1962. The house later became the centre of Cahercon Community College. Cahercon is now owned by Clareman Paddy Whelan of Limestone Quarries.