||The main residence of the O'Callaghan family in the 18th century situated on the shore of Kilgory Lough. In 1786 Wilson refers to it as the seat of Mr. Callaghan. Towards the end of the century the house became the residence of the O'Connells. Colman O'Loghlen married a sister of Daniel O'Connell of Kilgory before 1783. In 1814 Kilgory was the home of Daniel O'Connell and in 1837 Maurice O'Connell was the proprietor. It continued to belong to the O'Connells for the rest of the 19th century. Weir writes that most of the house was demolished in 1928.