Landed Estates
NUI Galway

Doon House

Estate(s)
Townland Doon
Civil Parish Killuran
PLU Tulla
DED Killuran 139
County Clare
Barony Tulla Lower
Description A seat of Sir Hugh Dillon Massy in the 1780s, leased to Richard Harte in 1814 and the Reverend W. Butler in 1837. Weir writes that the house was rebuilt by Richard Bentley in 1845. Griffith's Valuation records Richard Bentley as the occupier, he held it from Sir Hugh Dillon Massy. The buildings were valued at £18. The house belonged to the Whitehead family in the early 20th century and was later demolished.

Property Location