||Sir Edward Denny was leasing Barrow House to John Collis at the time of Griffith's Valuation when it was valued at £20 10s. In 1837 Lewis mentions Barra [sic] as the seat of T. Collis. In the 1830s, the Ordnance Survey Name Books indicate it was the residence of John Collis, having been built about two centuries previously. Leet noted it as the seat of John Collis in 1814. Bary states that the house was built by a William Collis, a Cromwellian officer, and continued to be associated with the Collis family until latter half of the nineteenth century. In the 1990s it was a restaurant and guesthouse but has now reverted to private ownership. It was sold in 2017.