||Another Keane residence near the town of Ennis, occupied by Francis Keane who held it from Marcus Keane at the time of Griffith's Valuation. In July 1857 Jonathon Gregg advertised the sale of the head rent of Hermitage and the surrounding 13 acres. Hermitage was advertised for sale again in October 1860 with 75 acres of town parks the estate of Christopher Plunkett, Dorothea Tottenham was the tenant. The sale rental records Francis Nathaniel Keane as the tenant. Hermitage was sold in the 20th century by the Keanes and was the property of John and Dorothy Madden in the 1980s.