||Lord Ventry held a house valued at £49 at Burnham East, barony of Corkaguiny, at the time of Griffith’s Valuation. Lewis mentions that the family lived for much of the time in England and the house was occupied by their agent, David Thompson. The Ordnance Survey Name Books indicate that the house had been built c.1790 at a cost of £4000. Wilson, however, refers to Burnham as the seat of Thomas Mullins in 1786. Later, members of Lord Ventry’s family resided there. It was still owned by Lord Ventry in 1906 when the house was valued at £80 and ancillary buildings at Burnham West valued at £28. The property was sold to the Land Commission in the 1920s and the house became an Irish speaking secondary school for girls, Coláiste Íde, which is still in operation.