||Henry Curtayne was leasing a property in the townland of Ballycasheen from Lord Kenmare’s estate at the time of Griffith’s Valuation, when it was valued at £18. Nearby in the same townland he also held Courteene Hall, which was vacant at the time and was valued at £10 10s. Leet records him as resident at Ballycasheen in 1814. Lewis referred to the residence of the Curtayne family as Courtayne Castle in 1837. The site of Ballycasheen House is now occupied by commercial buildings while The Heights hotel occupies the site of Courteene Hall.