||Maurice O’Connell was leasing the property at Darrynane More from the Earl of Cork’s estate at the time of Griffith’s Valuation when it was valued at £40. Lewis records it as the seat of Daniel O’Connell, MP. In 1814 Leet notes it as the seat of Maurice O'Connell. in 1906 it was owned by Daniel O'Connell and valued at £35 15s. The Irish Tourist Association Survey gives a detailed description of what it refers to as "the relics of the Liberator" which were kept in the house in the early 1940s. At that time the occupant was Miss Fanny O'Connell, great-grand-daughter of Daniel O'Connell. Bary states that the present house is an extended wing of the original house, built in the mid-18th century, most of which is now gone. The property is now in the care of the Office of Public Works and open to the public during the summer.