Landed Estates
NUI Galway

AbbeyView

Estate(s)
Townland Abbey Quarter North
Civil Parish St. John's
PLU Sligo
DED Sligo East Urban
County Sligo
Barony Carbury
Description At the time of Griffith's Valuation, Alexander Phillips was leasing a house valued at almost £14 at Abbeyquarter North, barony of Carbury, from the Cooper estate. McTernan states that it was built in the later eighteenth century and described in 1878 "as a beautifully situated villa residence with attractive grounds". The Phillips family continued in residence until the 1860s after which it was occupied by a succession of owners until the 1990s when it was sold to the Electricity Supply Board who demolished the house.

Property Location