||Wilson, writing in 1786 refers to "Fortland, pleasantly situated on the banks of the river Easky" as the seat of Mr. Browne. It later passed to the Jones estate. Both Leet in 1814 and Lewis in 1837 record it as a Jones property. In the mid nineteenth century it was bought by Richard Graves Brinkley who was leasing it to John Wingfield King at the time of Griffith's Valuation when it was valued at £14. It was offered for sale in the Landed Estates Court in 1874 when it was occupied by Mrs. Charlotte Lloyd, presumably a relative of Richard Brinkley's wife, Hester Lloyd. In 1906 it was the property of John L. Brinkley and was valued at £39. McTernan notes that the house was afterwards damaged by fire and partially demolished. Various buildings, including substantial remains of an estate farmyard, survive at this site.