Landed Estates
NUI Galway

Kilmacurkan

Estate(s)
Townland Kilmacurkan
Civil Parish Kilmacshalgan & Easky
PLU Dromore West
DED Easky
County Sligo
Barony Tireragh
Description In 1906 John L. Brinkley owned property valued at £20 at Kilmacurkan, barony of Tireragh. At the time of Griffith's Valuation the only building on his lands here was a herd's house valued at 5s. A substantial building is indicated on the 25-inch Ordnance Survey map of the 1890s but no trace of this remains now. Local sources indicate that this was a scutch/flax mill, of which the ruins still stand including the traces of the flax ponds, various sheds, etc that are present on the 1890 map.

Property Location